Daniel Suárez Finishes 27th in Food City Showdown
• Race: Food City Showdown (Round 3)
• Series: eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series
• Date: Sunday, April 5
• Location: Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway (.533-mile oval)
• Winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports
• After a one-hour practice, drivers participated in single-car qualifying.
• Qualifying set the respective fields for the two heat races.
• Drivers who qualified in an odd position (first, third, fifth, etc.) were placed in Heat No. 1.
• Drivers who qualified in an even position (second, fourth, sixth, etc.) were placed in Heat No. 2.
• Each heat race was 50 laps, and each included 16 drivers.
• Heat races set the field for the 150-lap feature.
• Heat No. 1 winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports
• Heat No. 2 winner: John Hunter Nemechek of Front Row Motorsports
Daniel Suárez Results:
• 50-Lap Heat Race
• Started 14th, Finished 12th / Running, completed 49 of 50 laps
• 150-Lap Feature
• Started 23rd, Finished 27th / Accident, completed 72 of 150 laps)
Daniel Suárez, driver of the No. 96 Toyota Is Here For You Camry:
“I wasn’t able to get as much time on the sim this week as I would’ve liked, and Bristol is a place where you can never have too much practice. It’s true in real life and it’s true in iRacing.”
• The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series is an exhibition esports series featuring a collection of past and present racecar drivers from the NASCAR Cup Series.
• The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series is a multi-week series emulating the original 2020 NASCAR Cup Series schedule.
• With the sports world on a necessary hiatus to combat the spread of the coronavirus, the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series exists in place of actual NASCAR events.