Accident Relegates Suárez to 30th-Place Finish at Dover
• Race: eNASCAR Finish Line 150 (Round 6)
• Series: eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series
• Date: Sunday, May 3
• Location: Dover International Speedway (1-mile, concrete oval)
• Distance: 150 laps (150 miles)
• Result: Started 12th, Finished 30th (Accident, completed 116 of 150 laps)
• Winner: William Byron of Hendrick Motorsports
Daniel Suárez, Driver of the No. 96 CommScope Toyota Camry:
“We had a decent race going in our CommScope Toyota until we got wrecked with 30 (laps) to go. That’s how it goes at Dover. It’s been one of my best tracks as far as getting results there in real life. The virtual life there today was not very kind, though. I hope the fans at home enjoyed all the excitement.”
• This was Suárez’s fifth and final appearance in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series. His best finish was 10th, earned last Sunday at virtual Talladega Superspeedway.
• In actual NASCAR Cup Series racing at Dover, Suárez has six career starts, all resulting in top-15 finishes. He has four top-10s with a best result of third (May 2018).
• Outside of the NASCAR Cup Series at Dover, Suárez has six NASCAR Xfinity Series starts with two top-fives, five top-10s and 144 laps led, punctuated by a victory in October 2016. He also has two NASCAR Gander Outdoors & RV Truck Series starts at Dover, finishing second in both (May 2015 and May 2016). And before he raced in the Truck Series, Suárez ran in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, competing twice at Dover, earning a best finish of sixth (September 2013).
• The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series is an exhibition esports series featuring a collection of past and present racecar drivers from the NASCAR Cup Series.
• The eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series is a multi-week series emulating the original 2020 NASCAR Cup Series schedule.
• With the sports world on a necessary hiatus to combat the spread of the coronavirus, the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series exists in place of actual NASCAR events.