- Third full season in NASCAR Cup Series.
- Earned four top-five and 11 top-10 finishes and finished 17th in points for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR). Led a total of 166 laps.
- Captured second career NASCAR Cup Series pole July 12 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta.
- Second full season in NASCAR Cup Series.
- Earned three top-fives and nine top-10s and finished 21st in points for Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR). Led a total of 35 laps.
- Captured first career NASCAR Cup Series pole July 28 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway.
- Competed in two NASCAR Xfinity Series races for JGR. Finished eighth in season-opening race Feb. 17 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway and fourth June 30 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois.
- Ran one NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race at Sonoma (Calif.) Raceway. Finished fourth.
- First full season in NASCAR Cup Series.
- Made NASCAR Cup Series debut Feb. 26 in Daytona 500. Finished 29th.
- Earned one top-five and 12 top-10s and finished 20th in points for JGR. Led a total of 40 laps.
- Competed in 14 Xfinity Series races for JGR. Earned five top-fives and eight top-10s and led a total of 180 laps.
- Earned Xfinity Series championship in second full season.
- Won three Xfinity Series races – June 11 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn; Oct. 2 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway; and Nov. 19 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Victory at Homestead clinched Xfinity Series title.
- In winning first Xfinity Series race at Michigan, became first Mexican driver to win a NASCAR national series race.
- Captured three Xfinity Series poles – March 19 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California; July 30 at Iowa Speedway in Newton; and Nov. 19 at Homestead.
- Earned 19 top-five and 27 top-10s and led a total of 347 laps for JGR.
- Captured first career NASCAR Truck Series victory Nov. 11 at Phoenix Raceway. Led twice for 34 laps.
- Truck Series victory came as part of 13-race race schedule for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM). Earned three top-fives and six top-10s and led a total of 219 laps.
- First full season in Xfinity Series.
- Finished fifth in points and won Rookie of the Year title.
- Captured three Xfinity Series poles – July 4 at Daytona; Aug. 1 at Iowa; and Sept. 26 at Kentucky.
- Earned eight top-fives and 18 top-10s and led a total of 83 laps for JGR
- Competed in 13 Truck Series races for KBM. Earned seven top-fives and 10 top-10s and led a total of 44 laps.
- Made four ARCA starts. Earned one top-five and two top-10s and led 68 laps. Best finish was second Feb. 14 at Daytona.
- Won first career ARCA pole Oct. 16 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City.
- Competed in two Xfinity Series races – one for JGR and one for RAB Racing.
- Made Xfinity Series debut April 25 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway. Finished 19th for JGR.
- Made ARCA debut Sept. 19 at Kentucky. Finished fifth and led twice for a race-high 39 laps in lone ARCA start of 2014.
- Made Truck Series debut Oct.18 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. Finished 15th in lone Truck Series start of 2014.
- Competed in 13 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East races. Won two races – Feb. 16 at New Smyrna (Fla.) Speedway and Feb. 18 at Daytona – and earned four top-fives and seven top-10s and led a total of 223 laps.
- Fifth full season in NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series. Finished sixth in points with seven top-fives and nine top-10s and a total of 475 laps led.
- Captured five Mexico Series wins – Feb. 28 at Phoenix; April 13 at Autodromo de Chiapas in Tuxtla, Gutierrez, Mexico; April 27 at Autodromo de Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico; June 8 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City; and Oct. 4 at Nuevo Autodromo de Aguascalientes in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- Won three Mexico Series poles – May 11 at Autodromo Potosino in San Luis Potosi, Mexico; July 19 at Nuevo Autodromo de Aguascalientes; and Nov. 9 at Autodromo Miguel E. Abed in Amozoc, Mexico.
- Competed fulltime in NASCAR K&N Pro Series East for Rev Racing. Finished third in points.
- Earned first career K&N Pro Series East win July 13 at Columbus (Ohio) Motor Speedway.
- Completed K&N Pro Series East season with six top-five and nine top-10s. Led a total of 209 laps.
- Fourth full season in NASCAR Mexico Series. Finished second in points with six top-fives and nine top-10s and a total of 328 laps led.
- Earned three Mexico Series wins – May 12 at El Dorado Speedway in Juan Aldama, Mexico; June 30 at Autodromo de Monterrey; and Nov. 10 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
- Scored four Mexico Series poles – April 21 at Nuevo Autodromo de Queretaro, Mexico; May 12 at El Dorado Speedway in Juan Aldama, Mexico; Oct. 27 at Autodromo de Chiapas; and Nov. 10 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
- Competed in partial NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and West schedules.
- Made one K&N West Series start at March 3 at Phoenix. Finished third.
- Made nine K&N East Series starts. Earned one top-five and three top-10s. Best finish was fifth at Columbus.
- Third full season in NASCAR Mexico Series. Finished third in points with nine top-fives and nine top-10s and a total of 366 laps led.
- Earned two Mexico Series wins – May 12 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez and Aug. 12 at Nuevo Autodromo de Queretaro.
- Won three Mexico Series poles – April 15 at Autodromo Potosino; Aug. 12 at Nuevo Autodromo de Queretaro; and Aug. 26 at Nuevo Autodromo de Aguascalientes.
- Competed in first stock car race on U.S. soil – the Jan. 29 Toyota All-Star Showdown at Irwindale (Calif.) Speedway. Started 12th and finished 11th in 40-car field.
- Competed in partial NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and West schedules.
- Earned one top-10 in two K&N West starts. Best finish was seventh Nov. 12 at Phoenix. Led seven laps.
- In seven K&N East starts, captured one top-five and three top-10s. Best finish was fifth at Columbus.
- Second full season in NASCAR Mexico Series. Finished ninth in points with three top-fives and seven top-10s and a total of 47 laps led.
- Won three Mexico Series poles – Aug. 21 at Autodromo de Monterrey; Nov. 6 at Nuevo Autodromo de Aguascalientes; and Nov. 27 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
- First fulltime season in NASCAR Mexico Series.
- Achieved Rookie of the Year honors.
- Finished 13th in points with one top-five and five top-10s. Best finish was fifth Aug. 22 at Autodromo de Monterrey.
- Competed in four NASCAR Mexico Series races.
- Made Mexico Series debut Sept. 6 at Autodromo Miguel E. Abed. Finished 14th to earn best result of season.
- Competed in partial mini-stock division schedule, a NASCAR Mexico support series featuring four-cylinder stock cars.
- Competed fulltime in mini-stock division, earning the most wins in the series.
- Raced Volkswagen Beetles in Volks Sports Series presented by Mobil 1 at Autodromo de Monterrey. Won championship.
- Competed in go-karts at local and regional level in Mexico. Won local track championships.
- Two-time Mexican national karting champion (2004 and 2008).
- Twice competed in Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals karting event (2004 in Spain and 2008 in Italy).
Daniel Suárez’s Year-by-Year NASCAR Cup Series Statistics:
|2018||Joe Gibbs Racing||36||0||3||9||3||1||35|
|2017||Joe Gibbs Racing||36||0||1||12||6||0||40|
Above chart denotes only NASCAR Cup Series point races.